Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Truly Cool Thing

As a writer, I'm always looking for inspiration - everywhere. There is a very cool thing called StumbleUpon on the web and it is a search engine that finds various pages from the World Wide Web.

Face it, if you had to search for something, could you really find everything you were looking for? What if you don't know what you are looking for, but you'll recognize it when you see it?

That's where StumbleUpon is way above any other search engine I know of . . . it finds random things that you can save as favorites, or click through in rapid fashion if it doesn't do anything for you. You can make a profile, mine is JoTaylor776 and it shows all of the pages (84 so far) that I've "liked" and saved for later.

I'm finding this to be fun, educational, and a better use of 10 minutes to fill than watching the same old same old on TV. Check it out.

I leave you with this, an interactive map of the constellations I found just today and it thrilled me beyond belief because one of my current stories has to do with my favorite constellation, Cassiopeia.

Try it, you won't be sorry. Maybe you'll Stumble once a week or so like I do.

Peace,

Jo Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment