Friday, September 11, 2009

September 11th

Today is September 11th. I find myself uncharacteristically emotional today. It may because my son wanted to wear all black to school today. It may be because someone on Twitter is tweeting the names of every single person killed on 9/11. Individually. It may be because when I got to work this morning, one of the engineers was outside lowering the flag to half mast. It may be because I watched the news footage of that day this morning. It may be because my husband is a fireman, and 343 firemen were killed that day. It may be because I remember the feeling of dread; that cold, tense feeling in my neck.

I knew no one killed that day. I can't imagine, if I am sad and emotional, what it must be like for the loved ones of those killed. I hope they find peace somehow.

Peace,
Jo Taylor


No comments:

Post a Comment