Thursday, August 20, 2009

I'm Not Running Out of Things To Say

My family would say to the above title: "Duh!"

They think it is a physical improbability that I will ever run out of things to say, but they are happy that I am now WRITING said things and not TALKING all the time. Not that I ever did that.

But, what I really mean by the title is that I am indeed surprised that this is my twenty-first blog post, and I am not running out of things to talk about. In fact, I've started keeping a list of things to post in the future. This is coming in handy as the current English class I am taking requires us to (can you guess?): BLOG!

How easy! I can now say this because I am a blogger. It is a bit embarrassing, but I am virtually spewing all kinds of thoughts in that blog because it's mostly about writing, and hey, that's what I do. I haven't gotten any feedback from my classmates yet, so it's kind of like this blog that no one reads either. Happy as a clam. I reserve the right to cry buckets on here if someone there does not get my humor or my teacher thinks my posts are insipid (we are supposed to be thougthtful and appropriately school-like).

I don't know if blogging can be counted in daily word counts for writers (I try to write 1500 words per day), but if it does, my productivity has seriously gone up!

I've noticed lots of capital letters and exclamation points in this particular posting, but it makes me happy so I am leaving it. That's the coolest thing about having a blog. You make the rules. Here are the first few official rules, only put down in case I need to refer to them later.

1. Blog when you have something to say, or not.

2. Try to blog in character at least half the time. (This one is turning out to be hard, she whined.)

3. Do not try to be funny. If you try, you will sound like a toad.

4. Post how you speak, sometimes it's funny.

5. Five rules are enough.

Peace,
Margaret's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment