Saturday, August 1, 2009

Second Post for Day 1

Call it an organizational moment. This is the second post for the day and it is mostly for me, to keep me on track. I've updated some goals and the way I want to organize things.

I already had been writing about Margaret, but I didn't have it in very good order. I decided that after just the first day, I was going to get confused if I didn't go back to the beginning and put the right event after the right set-up.

I have put Margaret into a single Word document, which is how (I think) I will be submitting it to agents when it gets that far. May as well start with the proper format now. I have 12,518 words done so far (woo hoo, that's great for one day) but I still need to do 2249 words per day to reach 80,000 by the end of the month. Didn't really change the word goals by much, but I FEEL more organized.

I actually think I have a handle on what I'm doing, which is good for when I'm going to do it again in November for NaNoWriMo which is a competition for National Novel Writing Month - November! By then I'll be on to another story. There's a lot to do between now and then though, so I better get to it.

Peace,
Margaret's Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment