Tuesday, July 21, 2009

One Week

One week exactly today that I've been posting on my new blog. Six entries in that one week, so yeah me! Or, yeah Margaret!

My site counter shows exactly ZERO site visits! I kind of like that. I must be the only person in the world who blogs, but doesn't really want anyone to read it . . . yet. What does that say about me?

I haven't even told my family and friends that I'm doing this. And I'm thrilled. Really. Not disappointed at all. Thrilled that no one has read this. I guess it's because I don't feel I'm ready to have a voice yet. Ready for my characters to be heard, but not me so much. So I hide. Someday I'll be ready.

I've been so busy with real life stuff this summer that I have had no time to give to Margaret and her crew. This is depressing me. I am personally taking classes at a University to finish my Bachelor's Degree in English - one year to go. I love the reading and writing growth and feel it's very useful. I don't want to waste good ideas on bad writing. It just takes away from Margaret's world and I've grown to love her already.

What happens when your novel ends and you have to give up a character? I think I'm procrastinating on finishing it for that reason. I won't have a sequel so she'll be done with her story. Not sure I'm ready for that. Do any other writers delay finishing a story because they will miss their characters?

I just finished reading Catcher in the Rye again, this time for an English class (and twenty years after reading it the first time). I hadn't remembered Holden talking about missing people. I didn't miss people when I was young the way I do now. Makes me think I'm going to have to re-read everything I ever read - liked and disliked - because I may feel differently now that I'm older.

That would be a hella lotta books!

Peace,
Margaret's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment