Friday, July 31, 2009

Starting Tomorrow

Starting tomorrow, I am going to write 2,000 words a day for 31 days. The entire month of August. I'm going to write Margaret's story so that I finally have a first draft. Complete. No excuses.

So 2,000 times 31 days (30 days hath September, April, June and November - drat! That means August has 31 days. Sigh.) equals - where is my calculator - 62,000 words. Most novels shoot for around eighty, but I've already written 7,979 (sheesh, is that all?), so that makes 69,979.

That's pretty close to done, but I really want 80,000 by the 31st. So, dividing the rest by 31, I get 323.26 more words per day necessary to reach my goal. I think I will round down the point 26, that will look funny to have 1/4 of a word, and by the next day, I might not remember which word I intended, and then everything will get a bit messy. So, 2323 words per day. Ahhhhh!

I can do it. You can too, if you want. Anyone care to join me? Write a novel in a month? Chicken!

I'll be posting word totals for the day, but perhaps not much else. Depends on if I get crazy frustrated or not. And then, of course, I actually have other things to do too. But like I said, I can do it.

Wish me luck and lots of inspiration.

Peace,
Margaret's Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment